(“Policy“) explains how we collect, process and otherwise use your personal information, being information that can identify you as an individual either directly or indirectly. If you do not agree to this Policy, read together with the website terms and conditions located here
http://www.medscript.co.za/privacypolicy, please discontinue using the application or website immediately.
How we use your personal information?
When you engage with the application or website, submit your information or place an order, you accept and understand that you are contracting with Medscript (Pty) Ltd and accept that your personal information will be required to conclude transactions or services on the application or website. We collect, store and process all information in alignment with the provisions of the Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013 (“POPIA”) as amened. Your information will be used primarily to provide you with the services you have requested. We retain the information you provide from time to time, including information we collect when you place an order or use our services and facilities. Your information may be used for the following purposes: accounting, billing and audit, credit or other payment card verification, security, administrative and legal purposes, systems testing, maintenance, marketing (if accepted) and development, customer relations and to help us in any future dealings with you, for example by identifying your requirements and preferences. For these purposes we may disclose your data to any of the following to the extent necessary: to other companies involved in providing you with the services you have ordered (including our payment gateway service provider; logistics providers and customer service agents); processing companies; our technology suppliers; government; and law enforcement agencies.
You have the right to request a copy of any information about you that we may have access to, at any time. You have the right to have that information corrected if it is inaccurate or request to have it removed. To ask for or about your information, please contact us via email at email@example.com. If you would prefer to have your information amended, please update your online profile, or contact our customer services team via the contact channels below.
What types of information do we collect?
When you use the application or website, we may collect certain information that is not personal information such as your device operating system, device type and make, browser type and internet service provider. This type of information does not identify you personally.
We may also collect personal information that you provide to us. This is any information of a personal nature by which you can be identified as an individual such as your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, home country, postal code, date of birth, gender, age, payment and/or financial details. In particular, we may collect and process the following information (which may include personal information) about you ―
• information that you provide to us and/or allow the application or website to access;
• information about your device software and hardware, including the unique internet mobile equipment identity, number of your mobile telephone, the unique integrated circuit card identity number of your SIM cards in your device, your email address, personal internet protocol address, mobile phone number, date and time and country of your device;
• your geographic location information based on your mobile network operator’s tower details, GPS (Global Positioning System) and/or WIFI communications network location;
• information that we may ask you for if you report a problem with our application or website;
• details of your visits to our application or website (including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, web logs and other communication data and the resources that you access);
• information provided by you if you contact us, or if we contact you, and we may keep a record of that correspondence;
• information about you when you voluntarily register with us to receive related alerts, complete our online information request form, complete any user surveys or feedback forms;
• information about you when you register on the application or website to place an order; and
• your name, email address and country of residence if you would like to receive one of our newsletters or marketing materials.
We may use third-party companies to monitor application or website traffic, which may, in some instances, store your information, including the personal information you submit to such third parties.
Collection of health information
Where we process special categories of personal information such as health information, we only do so where we have obtained your explicit consent or where such processing is necessary for purposes of carrying out our legal obligations and with strict adherence to prevailing privacy and HPCSA regulations, with specific reference to section 32 of POPIA. All such information collected by our application or website is stored securely and handled confidentially.
We will use the information you submit on the application or website for administration purposes and any other purposes made clear in the sign on/transaction pages themselves, in any relevant terms or conditions and on any pages or emails which link to such forms. Certain web cookies sent from your browser will help us to save you time and to personalise your experience.
How do we collect data about you and your use of this web site?
You are in control of what information we collect about you. However, if you choose not to share your information some areas of the application or website may not be accessible or usable. We request information about your when you register on the application or website.
We also collect information about your use of the application or website from cookies. We may match information gathered from these sources with any information you have given us about yourself for the purposes explained in this Policy.
Use of your personal information
We use your data to improve the service we offer you and to try and ensure that you get the best out of our Website. We may also use your personal information –
• to verify and keep a record of your identity;
• to allow you to make payment for services;
• to ensure that content from our application or website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer and/or mobile device;
• to monitor and analyse your conduct on the application or website to ensure compliance with laws, reduce the likelihood of fraud and other risk prevention purposes;
• for internal business purposes such as generating statistics and developing our strategic plans;
• to allow you to participate in interactive features of our application or website, when you choose to do so;
• to respond to any queries, you make;
• to notify you about changes to our application or website and/or services; • to improve the services, we offer.
Who can your information be disclosed to?
We will not use your personal information for any purpose other than as stated in this Policy without your consent. Disclosure of your information to others may be necessary to ensure the seamless provision to you of the services and information you request.
• other companies involved in providing you with the services you have ordered (including our payment gateway service providers, logistics providers and customer service agents);
• processing companies;
• our technology suppliers; government and enforcement agencies; and credit card companies.
You understand that we may disclose or share personal information with third parties as outlined above to operate the application or website and render our services. If you are concerned about these arrangements, you should immediately delete the application and cease using the website.
How may you amend data submitted by you?
You have a right to request updates, copies or deletion of your personal information as long as that information is not currently being used or required by us for other regulatory purposes. You have the right to have that information corrected if it is inaccurate or request to have it removed. To ask for or about your information, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
How do we keep your data secure?
We take the privacy and security of your personal information very seriously. To give effect to this, we have robust organisational and technical measures in place to protect your data. For me information on this, please contact us via email at email@example.com
Processing personal Information of minors
The application and website are not intended for minors or persons under the age of 18 years old and we do not knowingly or intend to collect personal information of minors. If you are under the age of 18 (eighteen) years old please do not use our application or website.
Do we collect statistical data?
We try to ensure that our application and website offer users exactly what they are looking for. To help us achieve this goal we may analyse anonymous data collected by cookies about how users use the application or website. Such data also helps us to measure the success of our platforms. We may also collect Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses to help diagnose problems with our servers and for system administration.
Policy changes and updates
Because we are constantly improving our sites there may be developments in how we use your data. All such developments will be notified to you via your preferred method of communication or by email.
Our contact information:
|Email Support: Support@medscipt.co.za Privacy Mailbox: Privacy@medscript.co.za|
|Support Times:||Monday to Friday 08:00 and 17:00 (SA time) Except SA public holidays.|
|Please note that our offices are closed on all SA national holidays.|